Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year 2006

I had the best sleep last night in these 2 months. It must be all the jogging and swimming done consecutively that had caused much tiredness and hence the sound sleep. Quite glad that I managed to find a quiet morning to reflect on the year 2005 and set aside some time to jot down what I hope to achieve/ change next year. I am reminded of a scripture reference which I would cling on to, at least for this coming year ahead.

"Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. "
Joshua 1:7-8

Indeed, what's more scary than facing the unknown? (I believe that's why God repeated "Be strong and courageous" to the Isrealites a few times in that passage alone) A new year meaning new changes and new things unfolding. For myself, it's practicum in feb and the permanent posting in june/july. Who knows what else lies ahead other than God? The best assurance that I know is that He'll always be there guiding me and to hear my cries.

Many things will be different as I stepped into the working world or rather teaching world. One of the things for sure, the amount of free time will never be the same as I used to have. I pray that I won't sacrifice my time for Him and instead it'll be a stage where I'll seek Him more and grow closer to Him.

No comments: