Monday, December 19, 2005

Peaceful monday

What an unusual quiet and empty monday morning. I've hardly been at home the whole of this month that had just passed. Partly I wanna enjoy my holi to the max, and also I don't want to hear anymore complaints.

After recuperating from youth camp on tuesday (with at least 13 hrs of snoozing i think), I was out on wed again! ha..

Wed 14/12/05
Bought a new bible, that kind with a flap one from tac man. Wanted that for a long time but didn't get it cos I found it to be so ex. They were having a 30% discount for this Christmas, so i grabbed the chance to buy it. hehe.
Went down to skin centre after much deliberation. Much to my surprise, I didn't even pay a single cent. The alternative of credit card, csc.
Then went to meet dar for dinner at sizzler. Our third year is coming soon, time passes by so quickly.

Thurs 15/12/05
Met arlene at IKEA to buy photo-frames for door gifts for the Christmas party on 24th. Seriously, I think both of us were still half asleep and we couldn't get our math right. We were supposed to buy 100 frames in total and the photo frames came in sets of 3's. So if u know ur math, we ought to get 33 or 34 packs. Somehow, we calculated and took 31 only. Worse still, our counting was flawed. Only realized that when we paid at the cashier and she said that we only took 28. Haiz..
And I'm supposed to be a maths teacher. Think I'll ruin lives.

Left arlene's place at 3.30pm which super late for GESL and I waited for Si'er to pick me up. He had to pass the camp receipts to me before he goes over to Aceh. Finally reached CAS (children's aid society) at 4 plus. Felt so bad cos I keptPrudence & Yanling waiting.. Basically we were not much of help over there that day. There weren't any program drawn out and only a Mac happy dinner was ordered for them. The 3 of us just hang around together, yaking non-stop and was more than happy when our group leader said that we can make a move first. We then proceeded for dinner at IKEA (again, for me).

Fri 16/12/05
Finally saw Cal after such a loooonnnggg break. The lucky boy got to go bangkok twice this holi, no wonder I couldn't reach him. I hope I'll have time for him even when practicum starts, considering my neighbour also wants me to tutor her son.

Met sherlyn in orchard after tuition. The usual shop for anything that caught our eyes.

Sat 17/12/05
Picked arlene up from her place before youth 'cos of the loads of photo frames she had to bring to church. Can't possibly leave her to juggle all of them herself. For the first time, I stalled the engine of the lorry. I ever moved off in 4th gear before and it didn't even stall. So lorries aren't supposed to stall engine, u see... Whatsmore it was twice in the short journey from her place to GC. Thought the accident my bro met had seriously damaged the lorry.

After youth, it was dinner at JP with many people. A few of them were attracted to the journey on a lorry, namely janice & jun hoong. We had a lorry full of people, tracy, cindy tiong, mabel, raymond, weiqiang, edward, timothy, jun hoong & janice. 11 in total and that was way beyond the limit.

Sun 18/12/05
Went JB with dar after service! ha.. We ate like pigs (had secret receipes, aunite annes and all sorts of snacks), shopped like king and queen (me only actually, bought 2 pairs of shoes in one shot) and watched Narnia.
The trip there was quite smooth and rather fast but the coming back was horrendous! I could barely breathe with so many people squashing together in a non-existent queue. We took an hour before we could clear the custom. By the time we reached Singapore, it was already 11.20pm, so we decided to hail a cab.
Nice outing, nevertheless. =)

No comments: