Friday, January 06, 2006

Gotcha?!

For a change, today's lunch was with Angela and her cell mate at jurong west coffeeshop instead of the usual clique. Had a quickie and angela dropped me off at jp thereafter.


My memory is failing me, especially with the fine details. Remembered the wrong time for tuition again, and was very late by the time I reached clementi interchange. Was walking at a fast speed, trying to avoid any possible hindrances, like people distributing brochures and selling tissue papers etc... So when a guy's voice behind me called out "excuse me"a few times, I simply didn't pay much attention to it and just thought it probably wasn't referring to me or at least hope that he'll go away if I don't respond if it's referring to me.


However, the person kept up and tapped me on my shoulder. Turned around and saw a totally unfamiliar face. Must emphasize that I really don't know this person.

Stranger: " Are u from NUS?"

I shook my head. (as a matter of fact, I'm not what... For now)

Stranger: " U look really familiar. Are u sure u are not from NUS?"

Me: "Ok, I was. Do I know u?"

Stranger: " Oh, which year did u graduate?"

Me: " last year. " (showing signs of irritation already...)

Stranger: " Where are u working now?"

Shook my head. (not because I'm not working but rather I don't want to answer)

Stranger: " You aren't working right now?"

Me: " I don't know u."

Stranger: " Were u from business?"

Me: " No.. Look, I really don't think I know u. What is it that u want?"

Stranger: " Then which faculty are u from?"

Totally exasperated and lost for words. Huiling's favourite phrase came to mind for that instance, "Which part of I don't know u do u not understand?"Just then, Cal's timely call came. Thank God... Eventually escaped after a while by saying I was in a rush and ran off after the bus.

Would I be featured on the new season of Gotcha for an episode of lousy pick up conversation?

No comments: