Monday, December 10, 2007

simply love this...

Inner athelete

extracted from- FIND YOUR TRUE SELF THROUGH RUNNING
By Jessa Vartanian



" I am most myself when running--most human, most friendly, most approachable. With my hair stuffed into a faded baseball cap, ragged T-shirt and shorts covering my body and SPF 30 sunscreen my only makeup, all the barriers, props and attitudes of daily life are stripped away.

Running strips away the veneer, brings me back to the basics. With my legs striding powerfully forward, sweat-drenched ponytail rhythmically swatting my back, it's just me out there. No perfume. No WonderBra. Simply a woman with strong legs who isn't worried about the wind whipping her perfectly styled hair into a frenzy.

I feel real when I run. Raw, exposed, I may look like a Glamour "Don't," but I feel beautiful in a way that's missing when I'm all gussied up like a girl. And I'm in no rush to rinse that feeling down the drain.

Though I still get caught up with my appearance sometimes, my running self is always inside. With each mile I log, she gets stronger, reminding me of who I am and what I'm capable of, telling me not to take myself too seriously. She seeps into my nonrunning life."

No comments: