Sunday, November 16, 2008

GB camp 15-17 Nov 2008

"He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said:" I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like the children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himslef like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:2-4

I kinda have a glimpse of this truth when i was doing morning devotion with the gals. The much younger ones (Pri 2 & 3)said they won't feel lousy when they can't do something nor will they compare themselves with others. This was the exact opposite for the older girls (P4-6). Just a few years apart and it is scary what kind of beliefs have been drilled in... I saw the kind of innocence and confidence in those little ones and wonder how can we ever reverse the years of drilling of wrong beliefs?

Besides this, I saw the dedication of the teachers. I was really impressed with how one of them stayed up throughout the night to ensure the safety of the girls and also another who went through all the activities with the girls.

No comments: