Sunday, December 06, 2009

SSCM 2009

SSCM has been a good one for me this year :) Clocked a personal best 04:38:54 and am glad with the consistent improvement. I'm particularly satisfied with the pacing this year. The tempo of 8.2, 8.8, 9.2, 9.7km/hr at each 10km interval was evident of a good attempt in conserving energy at the start. The constant time checking helped a lot too. In addition, the joint pain deep heat rub was also a savior at the 23, 27 and 30km mark to prevent the fatal cramp from acting up. The last reason why it has been a good race this year is because i finally have a decent finishing photo taking.
Dear on the other hand wasn't able to readjust back as he only came back last night and I kinda lost him after the 27km mark.

This yearly affair is certainly a love-hate event. Hate because I couldn't even climb up and down the stairs after the run. I had to limp and use the side handle to lift myself up.





extremely worn out after the run.

No comments: