Today was the third month checkup at Dr Chua's. At the last visit, she told me what I would be expecting this time round,i.e the routine urine test to check for protein and glucose level; as well as the nuchal translucency (NT) which measures the layer of fluid that accumulates in the back of the baby's neck. Increased fluid may indicate an increased of chromosomal abnormalities such as Down syndrome and other genetic disorder. I was actually pretty bothered by this, as in whether to check or not. In the end, we have decided to opt for it as it gives me some assurance without guessing and wondering if things are ok.
Doc also pointed the presence of nasal bone in the fetus during ultrasound. Some studies have shown that the lack of a nasal bone during the first trimester may indicate a higher risk of Down syndrome.
As you might have guessed, things turned out normal and fine which I'm really thankful for. What can be happier than a healthy baby when the growth development can be such complicated process? Besides a small mistake can result in a catastrophe.
A 3D scan was also performed and I could see some features of baby which was already formed. Fingers were already formed and the webbed like appearance gone. Baby junior was constantly moving around and kicking. I can almost sense that as he/she gets bigger, I am going to get super kicks with those non stop movement. Gender confirmation will be next month. Whatever it is, healthy baby is already good news :)
***
Kids at work are getting so excited about my growing bulge. Not all of the classes know about my pregnancy. Well, I ain't supposed to know about their excitment or at least won't know till one group of girl was giggling and exclaiming to me after lesson one day, " MsOng, do you know how many people are staring at your stomach everyday?"
Wow, I actually have people charting baby junior's growth. Not bad.
Doc also pointed the presence of nasal bone in the fetus during ultrasound. Some studies have shown that the lack of a nasal bone during the first trimester may indicate a higher risk of Down syndrome.
As you might have guessed, things turned out normal and fine which I'm really thankful for. What can be happier than a healthy baby when the growth development can be such complicated process? Besides a small mistake can result in a catastrophe.
A 3D scan was also performed and I could see some features of baby which was already formed. Fingers were already formed and the webbed like appearance gone. Baby junior was constantly moving around and kicking. I can almost sense that as he/she gets bigger, I am going to get super kicks with those non stop movement. Gender confirmation will be next month. Whatever it is, healthy baby is already good news :)
***
Kids at work are getting so excited about my growing bulge. Not all of the classes know about my pregnancy. Well, I ain't supposed to know about their excitment or at least won't know till one group of girl was giggling and exclaiming to me after lesson one day, " MsOng, do you know how many people are staring at your stomach everyday?"
Wow, I actually have people charting baby junior's growth. Not bad.
1 comment:
Woots! Congrats!
Post a Comment