In a crude way. I experienced for myself the worst bank customer service today.
What happened was that I went down to XXX bank to settle my tuition fee payment in full. To my horror, the customer service officer told me that there was already interest charged to it! That was definately not one of their staff said when I rang them up 4 mths back enquiring about their interest commencing date. According to the "telephone operator" ( I shall call her just that), she said that there will be no interest charged at all till next year august. I repeated my question and her answers a few times to ensure that I didn't misinterpret it and she assured me so. That was why I waited till the holiday to settle the payment. Good grief...
Anyway, there was no chance of waivering the interest and I had to pay another extra few hundred bucks for a mistake that's not made by me! ( I could sense my blood pressure increasing and pulse rate heightening throughout my stay there) However, I was quite impressed that I didn't do anything outrageously rude or babaric to show how displeased I was. I have gathered a few lessons from this horrendous incident:
1. Never trust customer service officers totally. Take their words with a pinch of salt and consult
other departments which are more specialised. At least that was what the customer service
officer at the bank meant. She said that the operators might not be very well versed with
loans and stuff. (ya right, and penalise the customers for that...)
2. Don't ever be in debt. Get out of it ASAP. As I was taking a bus home after the ugly scenario, I
reflected on the event. If only I wasn't lazy and procrastinated the payment, I wouldn't have
to go through all these crap.
3. Greediness never gain; it makes u lose more. God really drove this lesson into me today. Just
because I thought the loan was interest free till next year, I thought there was no hurry in
making the payment. And then I thought the amount of money that my dad gave me can
earn some interest if I keep it in my account for a few months.
Yup. Spiritual relevance behind daily events.
No comments:
Post a Comment