This week was a mad rush once again. NIE supervisor decided to drop by for observation with a prior notice of only 2 days in advance! That made me the first among all my peers to be assessed formally this term. To make things worse, the topic I had to teach that day was super duper boring and there was nothing I can do to make it interesting through activities like group work or games. Things eventually turn out all right and I was thankful that my sup was really understanding.
After the formal assessment, I dragged Ziyun and Suhui to have junk food with me for dinner @ long john. Some kind of indulgence after stress. hehe...
X-country on fri at macritchie reservoir. Most of the trainees were assigned to be checkpoint masters and we had to walk into the jungle track. Even before we could step our foot into the track, we were attacked by monkeys. It started with one monkey eyeing our bag of food which cascaded in a whole clan of monkeys surrounding us. One of the teacher's daughter was deeply petrified as the monkeys definitely knew that she is the smallest in size and the easiest to prey on and they all were jumping around her. The poor gal was screaming with all her might. We had to hide the food in our bags before the monkeys gave up and went off.
Just when I thought that the monkeys were gone, my station unfortunately was plagued by these creatures. Thanks to my CT who tried to chase one monkey away by using homo sepian language, and to be specific, English to shout "get lost". He sounded very fierce and it was like he was scolding someone. Maybe the monkey knew that this 37 years old homo sepian wasn't very friendly and recruited his whole gang of his monkey family to surround us. The students were totally put off by his behavior and this even became a topic among the runners.
My jaws dropped when he came over to tell me, " I nearly wanted to say, in Jesus' name, I command you to go away". Good grief...
After the run, the teacher's welfare committee organized a trip to the Chinese heritage museum at haw par villa, followed by bowling at marina south.
Finally, the one week break is here. Time to rest and recharge. And also, do more work! arrgghh..
No comments:
Post a Comment