Saturday, March 04, 2006

Birthday week

This week was supposed to be happy. However, due to some self-induced mechanism of stress, it was ruined. I finally succumb to the consectutive days of waking up at 430am and non-stop preparation of lesson plans and power point slides by falling sick on thursday, which was supposed to mark the first day of my 24th year on this earth. It was a terrible feeling especially the fatigue on thursday after my last class. I had to sleep on my table to wait for the bell to ring at 135pm so that I could sign out.

My practicum peers are so sweet. Andy went to dig out some stuff and wrap it into a present to brighten my day and drop it on my table while I was resting. Suhui did the same as well, and she even took the trouble to buy a strawberry cheesecake the next day to celebrate both susan and my birthday. The senior teachers said that we are catching the queensway spirit real fast. Talking about queensway spirit, the staff room atmosphere is really fun. On friday when we were celebrating in the pantry, the chinese department colleagues were making dumpings for the whole staff room. So cool right?

Birthday wishes from the following people made my day better: Shushang, Priya & Dar.
Not forgetting Reginald who was the first to wish me early at 630am at commonwealth mrt. He rushed to wish me before catching the train to work.
Adeline Teng, unfailing continued the tradition of wishing me on that day. It's so sweet to think about it now. I mean, we didn't really keep in contact after secondary school and yet each year we will remember each other's birthday. Maybe cuz our birthdays are just 2 days apart and that's why we remember but still I find it so sweet.
Unexpected people like Benson, Shuhei & Weiqiang pleasantly surprised me with their greetings.


Conducted a lesson on " Contraceptives, Pre-marital sex & Abortion" with my sec 2 express class on thurs. Totally enjoyed myself because it was highly interactive and nearly laughed my head off when I saw the students' reactions as they passed around the condom.

No comments: