Saturday, April 03, 2010

gearing up

Of late, I realized the people around are just as excited or anxious as me, and if not, more. My mom is one classic example. She actually screamed at me the moment she heard the word "skiing" coming out from my mouth. She probably thought I was still intending to go skiing despite the bun in the oven state now. Obviously, she didn't get the whole story and therefore wasn't in the right context. What she had heard was but just the portion of our original traveling plan this year. Yup, our original Boracay and Hokkaido trips will have to be shelved for an indefinite period of time now. Boracay, a wonderful place for lazing around on beaches and diving, is definitely not for me at the moment. Skiing at the end of year is almost impossible because it's probably during my confinement period. Oh well.

Friends around would be very excited to want to know what are the physical changes; how I am coping in the first trimester etc. I bought a journal to document baby's development journey and there are pages for me to paste baby's ultra sound scans and pics of my tummy. I'll be more than happy showing u all the hardcopies but don't think I'll be uploading any of those bulges here in this cyberspace.

The first trimester is usually the period of time that almost kill most pregnant women with the terrible morning sickness, nausea, puking, headache & being more susceptible to colds etc. Fortunately for me, I have none of those but ain't spared from the universal symptom of tiredness. I can practically doze off anywhere! As the first trimester is also more unstable, the gynae advised me to cut down on my activity which I did. Anyway, my energy level is always low and I can barely get myself out of the house to run. The doc said that the second trimester will be better to resume my activity as chances of miscarriage will be marginal and I won't be as tired as I am now. So, I'm definitely looking forward to the beginning of the second trimester. :)

As for physical changes, outgrowing cup size is the norm for preggies, so I'm no exception. heh. Besides that, my hubby said my waistline is disappearing too! Recently, I actually dread looking at bigger size clothes or maternity wear. Dawn after hearing my remark came back with a list of possibilities for me to explore - empire waist, stretchy lycra stuff, and a daring one of exposing my tummy with mini-tees. Thanks babe!

Anyway, we've been to JB quite frequently lately and my eyes have been set on small cutie wears for baby. This is one the pieces that we bought. At least now I have a small fan.


I stumbled upon this causal sportswear range in JB Mango recently. Apparently, the whole rack seems so suitable for preggies although it's called sportswear. I bought this pair of shorts and the stretchy non elastic waist band is friendly for expanding tummy in weeks to come.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Cool shorts! Paul suggested bib-and-brace overalls. Not very fashion-forward, he!

Janelle said...

hey thanks! actually there are a lot of options out there.. need to gather all my energy to go on a full blast spree one day. heh. bib-and-brace? aiyo...that's outdated. can update paul that nowadays the trend is more of jumper in the shorts or mini-skirt kind.