20th Oct marks the official start of maternity leave and baby is also full term this week, meaning that he can be born any time from now on. The third trimester seemed to fly past and now it's down to 2-3 weeks before I see baby face to face.
Surely, this third trimester is a roller coaster ride packed with up and downs within such short frame of time.
One of the happiest moment I recalled during the gynae consultations must be that of Week 36. I was describing to doc that I felt a lot of violent turning at the same time on Mon and Tue morning that week. Also, I could feel some discomfort at night as baby was doing some rotation inside me. I think he probably rubbed against some of my organs. True enough, once the probe was placed near my right pelvic bone, doc exclaimed, "Hey, that's the baby's head! Baby turned!" At that moment, I know I was eternally grateful to God for hearing the prayers at night.
One week later (Week 37), I heard the most disturbing thing during the entire pregnancy. As I hadn't gained weight and in fact there was a slight dip for more than a month or so, doc was particularly worried. An ultrasound check revealed that baby hasn't gained weight too over the past one week. I was still expecting to see him chubby and ballooning to 3kg. Whats worse, I had a drastic reduction in amniotic fluid index. Without going into the medical specifics, it suffice to say that the situation warrants close monitoring and in the next one week, should the condition doesn't improve, induction would be the way to go.
Whether it's c-section, induction, vaginal birth or what so ever does not matter now. I just want baby to be safe and healthy.
Surely, this third trimester is a roller coaster ride packed with up and downs within such short frame of time.
One of the happiest moment I recalled during the gynae consultations must be that of Week 36. I was describing to doc that I felt a lot of violent turning at the same time on Mon and Tue morning that week. Also, I could feel some discomfort at night as baby was doing some rotation inside me. I think he probably rubbed against some of my organs. True enough, once the probe was placed near my right pelvic bone, doc exclaimed, "Hey, that's the baby's head! Baby turned!" At that moment, I know I was eternally grateful to God for hearing the prayers at night.
One week later (Week 37), I heard the most disturbing thing during the entire pregnancy. As I hadn't gained weight and in fact there was a slight dip for more than a month or so, doc was particularly worried. An ultrasound check revealed that baby hasn't gained weight too over the past one week. I was still expecting to see him chubby and ballooning to 3kg. Whats worse, I had a drastic reduction in amniotic fluid index. Without going into the medical specifics, it suffice to say that the situation warrants close monitoring and in the next one week, should the condition doesn't improve, induction would be the way to go.
Whether it's c-section, induction, vaginal birth or what so ever does not matter now. I just want baby to be safe and healthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment