Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Last week of NPL (21-27 Mar)

Alas, the last full week as a stay-home mummy before I go back to work. To maximize the time, I planned in advanced what to do for the week. Mon to Tue was spent fully at home doing chores, packing baby's stuff, allowing Ean to catch up on his nap and simply bonding with him. Just when I thought Wednesday would be a short shopping trip for us two, I had to fall prey to gastrointestinal infection! It was horrid! I was feverish and terribly weak! There was a moment which I almost drop Ean. Thankfully, hubby came back in the late afternoon to babysit so that I could make a trip to doc.

By Thurs, I was much better so I continued with the plan - to Ade's place! Her place is so far away, tucked in Mandai area. And so, Ean took his longest train ride ever to Khabit. From there, we took a cab into her house. Just when I thought we were reaching, the cab had to break down at the main road junction! Good grief, I had to trod into the small alleys from the main road carrying Ean under the sun. The contrast between the 2 babies at one month and four months old!

We managed to do a little long run (14km) on Fri evening. Slight relief for the guilt of exercising so little these days.

On Sat, it was shopping at Marina square. Our trip there was mainly to get items to prepare Ean for weaning.

A frivolous shot of the little mafia trying on shades. The tag was in the way!

We then had the highly recommended Thai food at Shaw building!

Then it was off to grandpapa and grandmama's place for Ean to play with them.

Sunday after service was extremely eventful. We first bought items from Ikea before joining a huge group of >15pax for lunch at Alexandra food village.

Then it was off to swimming! Big pool swim for Ean while his good friend, Kait decided to nap instead.


Then we were stuck in Starbucks for quite some time playing monopoly deal with Gladys, Mao, Josh, Janice, Jonathan, VK, Tina & Kait. We had a hilarious time laughing and snatching properties!
We parted with the group and headed for family dinner thereafter. What a week! :)

No comments: