Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wonderful Journey

It had been a wonderful 5 months being a stay-at-home mum. Recounting and dating back to the start of pregnancy, I'm extremely thankful for smooth sailing journey although there were some issues that caught us off our guard along the way! Well, I was pregnant for 9 months and a homemaker for 5 months which worked out to be more than a year of not being who and what I used to be. Adjustments are for sure but with these wonderful memories imprinted, they served as motivations in future when things get bleak.

I recalled finding out my pregnancy one day before my birthday in 2010.

First checkup at the obstetrics when Ean was 6 weeks old, measuring only 3.5mm ! Almost microscopic!
At 36 weeks, he was at an astonishing weight of 2.77kg!

At 39 weeks, he was born weighing 3.05kg.


And now, my little darling is 8.4kg at almost 5 months.
Many personal lessons learnt during this journey and one thing I finally I come to appreciate is the love of my parents for me. Perhaps this is why we never had memory of what happened to us during our infant days, God just wanted us to experience it ourselves to fully appreciate the measure of it all!

No comments: